School Closure Information
Senior Home Learning.
S3, N4/5 & Higher Art students please look at Teams this week for home learning.
S2 Home learning. S2 sketch in your sketch book a view from a window. Use tone to create form.
Adv Highers Home Learning.
Please can you continue to use sketchbook and research your artist/ designer. Email your teacher if you have any questions.
Work for Art during there school closure can be found here
Entries are invited from ALL Pupils for the Project Below
Our aim is for pupils to achieve their potential, and find enjoyment and pride in what they do. Our ethos is positive and hardworking; ours is a busy, successful department and is ‘open all hours’ to pupils.
Art and Design offers pupils not just subject skills, but rich opportunities to be creative, and transferable skills for life and work after school. Specifically it teaches pupils to –
- Plan, develop and present expressive and design work
- Learn skills in problem-solving, personal expression, use of media and observational abilities
- Develop transferable skills such as creative use of technology, imagination, invention, group work and visual communication
- Understand the place and history of Art and Design in society, and as part of culture around the world.
|National 4||National 5||Higher||Advanced Higher|
|Units of Study|
- creativity and problem solving
- design skills in both 2 and 3 dimensions
- self expression
- media handling and observation
- imaginative use of technology
- understanding of art and design in society
- Designer – eg product, textiles, lighting, fashion
- Museum or Gallery curator
- Sculptor or painter
- Games design
- Art publishing
- Film and video