School Closure Information
Music is the fabric of our society and can shape abilities and character . Our curriculum provides young people with rich opportunities to be creative and to experience inspiration and enjoyment. The principal activities of performing and creating music allow young people to develop their vocal and instrumental skills, explore sounds and musical concepts and use their imagination and skills to create musical ideas and compositions.
We develop their understanding and capacity to enjoy music through listening and analysis of musical performances. Music technology is used intrinsically to compose, record and produce music and to enhance performance. Our music curriculum brings together the three elements of music, performing, composing and listening, in dynamic and innovative ways. This allows young people to develop their skills in a range of creative ways, which are key to the development of life long learners who can flourish in society.
Music with performing
National 4 National 5 Higher Advanced Higher
Each level is made up of the following units:
- Learn how to play and perform solo or in a group on two selected instruments or voice.
- The ability to create original music using compositional methods and music concepts when composing, arranging or improvising.
- An understanding of the social and cultural factors influencing music.
- Identifying level specific annotated music signs, symbols, concepts and styles.
- Understanding the creative process and expression through music.
- Develop language and reasoning as well as spatial intelligence.
- Self-discipline and diligence, traits that carry over into intellectual pursuits and that lead to effective study and work habits.
- A high level of technological skills for use with composing, recording, performing and live sound.
Junior Band 1.10pm Music 3
Cello Ensemble 1.10pm Music 1
Orchestra 1.10pm Drama Studio
Guitar Ensemble 1.10pm Music 1
Keyboard Group 1.10pm Music 2
Choir 3.30pm Music 1
Brass Ensemble 1.10pm Music 2
Fiddle group 1.10pm Music 1
Samba Band 1.10pm Music 2
Jazz Band 3.30pm Music 1
TEDEd – How playing an instrument benefits your brain:
Music graduates are more employable than you think…
20 important benefits of music in schools.
Music Revision Sites
Education Scotland NQ Music
Learn Listening Online
BBC Bitesize National 4/5/H/AH