The PE Department have split the week into 3 areas –
Monday – Fitness Tasks (Miss Marshall and Mr Terris)
Wednesday – Skill Tasks (Mr. Lane and Miss MacMillan)
Friday – Health and Wellbeing Tasks (Miss Mackay, Mrs Clark and Mr Gair)
Tasks will be posted on –
- Twitter (@rhs_hwb) – give us a follow for useful links and videos.
Physical Education will enable learners to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding required to perform effectively in a wide range of physical activities.
Learners will work both independently and co-operatively to develop thinking and interpersonal skills. This makes Physical Education an ideal platform for developing confidence, resilience, responsibility and working with others.
Experiential learning activities will encourage learners to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of the benefits to mental, emotional, social, and physical wellbeing of participation in physical activities.
Learning about physical education is enhanced by participating on a regular basis in a wide range of purposeful, challenging, progressive and enjoyable physical activities with personalisation and choice built in for all learners.
LEVELS & ACTIVITES OFFERED
S1-S6 Core PE
National 3, 4 & 5 PE
Athletics Hockey Table Tennis
Badminton Lacrosse Volleyball
Cricket Scottish Country Dancing
Dance Short Tennis
- First Aid Trainer
- Fitness/Sports Instructor
- Health Mentor
- Personal Trainer
- PE Teacher
- Sports Centre/Gym Administrator
- Sports Centre/Gym Manager
What Can I Do? – College Examples
- NQ Sport & Fitness
- HNC/HND Fitness Health & Exercise
- HNC/HND Sports Coaching with Development of Sport
- NQ/HND Professional Stage Dance
- NQs in Instructing Exercise & Fitness; Exercise with Music
What Can I Do? – University Examples
- BSc Applied Sport & Fitness
- BEd Physical Education
- BEd Primary Education
- BSc Sport & Recreation Management
- Sports Science