The inspiration and power of the arts play a vital role in enabling our children and young people to enhance their creative talent and develop their artistic skills.
By engaging in experiences within the expressive arts, young people will recognise and represent feelings and emotions, both their own and those of others.
The expressive arts play a central role in shaping our sense of our personal, social and cultural identity. Learning in the expressive arts also plays an important role in supporting young people to recognise and value the variety and vitality of culture locally, nationally and globally.
Learning in, through and about the expressive arts enables children and young people to:
- be creative and express themselves in different ways
- experience enjoyment and contribute to other people’s enjoyment through creative and expressive performance and presentation
- develop important skills, both those specific to the expressive arts and those which are very transferable
- develop an appreciation of aesthetic and cultural values, identities and ideas and, for some, prepare for advanced learning and future careers by building foundations for excellence in the expressive arts.
EXTRA CURRICULAR OPPORTUNITIES
Art & Design
Offer open door policy most break and lunchtimes or a quiet space for students.
Various Art activities run such as a Fashion, Pottery and Sewing club.
Junior Band 1.10pm Music 3
Cello Ensemble 1.10pm Music 1
Guitar Ensemble 1.10pm Music 1
Keyboard Group 1.10pm Music 2
Choir 3.30pm Music 1
Fiddle group 1.10pm Music 1
Drama Club 1.10pm Drama Studio
Samba Band 1.10pm Music 2
Jazz Band 3.30pm Music 1
The Expressive Arts faculty comprises the departments of Art and Design, Music and Drama. We aim to help every child achieve their potential while learning how to:
- Be creative and express themselves with confidence
- Experience enjoyment through performance and presentation
- Develop important skills, but those specific to the expressive arts and those which are transferable, such as technological abilities, problem solving, group work, imagination and communication
- Develop a lifelong appreciation of aesthetics and culture in the world around them.
We strongly believe in the importance of offering pupils a range of exciting experiences which foster independent thinking and teach valuable life skills, which help to equip them for life and work beyond school.
|Ms Black||Ms Haley||Ms Holland||Ms Combe|
Art & Design Teacher
|Art & Design
|Art & Design
|Mrs Costas||Ms Howie||Mrs Lane||Mr Wilkins|
|Art & Design
|Miss Nelson||Ms Melrose||Mr Ferries||Miss Morrison|
|Ms Senior||Ms MacLeod||Mr Ross||Mr Forbes|
|Art & Design|